A gluten-free diet is all the rage these days, especially here in Hollywood. People with celiac disease, as well as those of us who just want to eat healthier, have adopted gluten free as a way to stay leaner and feel better. In fact last night, I was at a girlfriend’s birthday dinner and one of her favorite presents was literally, a piece of gluten-free coconut cake (all wrapped up in a box). It was brilliant.
Well, my secret to gluten-free (and ORGANIC to boot) is cibo verde food delivery. Here is a sample menu from this week … which I will try to update daily!
Breakfast: Spinach and mushroom omelet
Snack: Chickpea salad with tomatoes and onions
Lunch: Shrimp and heirloom tomato salad
Dinner: Braised short rib with asparagus
Desert: Dark chocolate mousse * (fave of the day, it was almost like frosting out of the can, but so much better obvi!)
Breakfast: Turkey hash with egg whites, red and green bell peppers
Snack: Roasted red pepper hummus with carrot sticks * (fave of the day, loved the hummus consistency)
Lunch: Grilled steak cobb (egg whites) with tomatoes and feta cheese
Dinner: Lemon garlic chicken with haricot vert
Desert: Chocolate dipped strawberries
via cibo verde
I’m on Day 2 of Cibo Verde food delivery service and it so good. Having their adorable, insulated bag waiting on my doorstep every morning full of yummy, healthy food feels completely indulgent.
Highlights so far have included:
Tonight’s dinner of Grilled Steak on grilled romaine with mint gremolata. I have to be honest, I was a bit dubious about grilled romaine but it was super tasty. And with mellow, roasted garlic laying amongst the chard leaves, it was almost like butter.
Coconut chocolate chip cookies. I really can’t believe these cookies are gluten free. I can’t wait to have them again.
UPDATE: Here is my recent Yelp review about Cibo Verde … and of course you can see other reviews about them as well.
This whole detox & transformation I’ve been doing with FBE has been a bit lifechanging … here are my Top 7 A-Ha Moments in no particular order:
- On Camera: I saw some footage of myself back in November that I just wasn’t that happy with. Well, we shot a piece for Chamber TV on March 25 and I feel so much better in my skin. That’s always a nice feeling.
- Instagram: I actually posted a photo of a shrimp dish I made myself yesterday. I don’t cook, I never really have … but on this program I have learned to make a little somethin’ somethin’. and I was so proud of that dish. I read once that Jessica Alba learned how to cook as a teenager because she wanted to control what went into her food. OK, I get it now.
- Loubitan’s: I bought these really cute strappy stiletto ankle boots from Decades a while back. I hadn’t worn them because they weren’t that comfortable anymore. Well – I wore then Sunday to my friends bday dinner at Cecconi’s and they felt just fine.
- Gluten-Free: No starch, no sugar, no alcholl. It’s actually not that hard. Sure, I took a little sabbatical from my social life to focus on this program … but I’d say it’s paid off.
- Denim. As you may have read in last week’s post, I’m back in my jeans. ‘Nuff said.
- Nice things: As in people saying them to me. I know our validation needs to come from within, but let’s face it. When other people (like say an ex-boyfriend?) notice the hard work you’ve put in, it feels damn good …
- Keepin’ it going: OK, orginally I was going to do 25 days total. I figured I can do anything for 25 days. Well, I’m so happy with the results and it’s become a part of my lifestyle – that I am going to keep going for awhile …
More to come!