I have Fitness ADD. My consistent workout (3 days a week) is a personal circuit on the Whole Body Vibration machine followed by a 30 minute session in an Infra Red Jade Sauna with Jacob @fbe in West Hollywood. I have lost 25 lbs and kept it off now for months.
But I always like to mix things up … add things in … try new things. We have to stay challenged and in a town like West Hollywood, we have access to the latest, coolest workouts.
It was a workout created by warriors in India, and then used by athletes in Europe. Scientists got a hold of it, and perfected it. And now it’s here.
I took a class at my old stomping ground Fitness Factory with founder (and fellow Filipina) Claire Wright from the UK. There were 6 of us, on this pole apparatus going through the routine set to some very cool music. Short bursts of high high intensity cardio bursts were interspersed with pole moves. Pools of my sweat ended up on the platform that was holding up pole. New muscles were sore … all in all, I really liked it and I can do ANYTHING for 30 minutes. I love effective, 30 minute workouts like this. .
So get this – Claire is looking for New Recruits and Brand Ambassadors right now to help get the word out. So if you are a Blogger or YouTubers, male or female and are based in LA and feel like taking on a 2 week challenge … leave a comment below!
Here’s to your summer bod –
P.S. Will you be at WeHo Pride this weekend? If so, please look for me on the West Hollywood Chamber car — I think I feel like wearing a tiara to celebrate the launch of the new Eat Shop Play program …
This whole detox & transformation I’ve been doing with FBE has been a bit lifechanging … here are my Top 7 A-Ha Moments in no particular order:
- On Camera: I saw some footage of myself back in November that I just wasn’t that happy with. Well, we shot a piece for Chamber TV on March 25 and I feel so much better in my skin. That’s always a nice feeling.
- Instagram: I actually posted a photo of a shrimp dish I made myself yesterday. I don’t cook, I never really have … but on this program I have learned to make a little somethin’ somethin’. and I was so proud of that dish. I read once that Jessica Alba learned how to cook as a teenager because she wanted to control what went into her food. OK, I get it now.
- Loubitan’s: I bought these really cute strappy stiletto ankle boots from Decades a while back. I hadn’t worn them because they weren’t that comfortable anymore. Well – I wore then Sunday to my friends bday dinner at Cecconi’s and they felt just fine.
- Gluten-Free: No starch, no sugar, no alcholl. It’s actually not that hard. Sure, I took a little sabbatical from my social life to focus on this program … but I’d say it’s paid off.
- Denim. As you may have read in last week’s post, I’m back in my jeans. ‘Nuff said.
- Nice things: As in people saying them to me. I know our validation needs to come from within, but let’s face it. When other people (like say an ex-boyfriend?) notice the hard work you’ve put in, it feels damn good …
- Keepin’ it going: OK, orginally I was going to do 25 days total. I figured I can do anything for 25 days. Well, I’m so happy with the results and it’s become a part of my lifestyle – that I am going to keep going for awhile …
More to come!
As in 3 Princesses in an infrared jade sauna Pod.
I’ve been enjoying my detox and workouts with Jacob so much over at Firm Body Evolution that I invited two of my gal pals along with me for a little session. Between the laughter (poor Jacob, it was like herding cats) we managed to workout, get a tour, and detox.
Patty was laughing that balance on the Whole Body Vibration machine was a challenge. It was so scary for me the first time, I kept feeling like I was going to fall off. It’s like a Bosu Ball on steroids. But seriously, by the next workout …. I was way more comfortable and that fear of falling left.
Patty is a business blogger and spa junkie so she of course,
“Loved the private zen feeling of the environment. Feels very exclusive and the pods — super way to feel the final touch of a top of the line workout.”
Mary Anne LOVES heat. She is one of those people who will go sit in her hot car because she likes the heat so much. She jokes that she is like a lizard on a rock. In this case – she really was. We all were. The infrared jade saunas are like space pods, lined in jade stones.
She is a busy mom of two young girls and owns two companies with her husband, and she said:
“I love how efficient the workout is! 30 minutes the workout is complete then in 30 more minutes detox and rejuvenation session is complete. Out the door feeling like I just spent 2 hours in the gym is awesome!”
As for me, I love all that and of course … location, location, location. It’s very close to me (walking distance) and also housed with Pressed Juicery and Fresh Corn Grill so it’s like a little healthy West Hollywood vortex at the corner of Santa Monica and Westbourne.
So, I’m just wrapping up my first week here at Firm Body Evolution and starting on Week #2. I really like it. I have self-professed Fitness ADD and with all of the great offerings here in West Hollywood – I get to experience some of the best facilities and trainers in all of LA.
What I like so much about FBE is that it’s really addressing the stress levels in my life. Like most female entrepreneurs – my health and fitness takes a back seat when things get tough. And I could literally feel my cortisol levels rising along with my stress.
So, I started doing the 10/20/30 method with Jacob aka the yogis yogi, and it has helped make me feel so much more centered. The other wellness toys & treats that I have tried so far include:
- The helix. It’s a lateral trainer and I’ve seriously never done any movement on a cardio machine like it. I like it because it really feels like it’s targeting the butt and thighs.
- The vibration machine. It was really scary at first, but going on session #4 with Jacob has me doing one-legged squats, balance drills and all kinds of other cool stuff.
- The body composition analysis. I love, love, loved this. Basically, it takes your weight and also tells you what your muscle mass is, water weight, etc. Totally nerd cool. It also told me I need 1483 calories a day to maintain my weight, which is such great info!
- Hip Rotator: This was kind of like those back massage chairs except it focuses on your hips. Mine tend to get pretty tight and I was having lower back issues, so I liked this a lot.
- Infra Red Jade Sauna: LOVE this! After the helix and the one-on-one vibration/training/yoga session with Jacob, I get to detox in the Infra Red Jade Spa. It boasts a whole host of body rejunvenating benefits … and all I know is I literally have seen a noticeable difference in how I am able to manage all the stress in my life right now because of it. I LOVE it. I want to marry it. Seriously, if (I mean WHEN!) I become uber rich, I want one of these in my house (they do sell them BTW). And I don’t even really like regular saunas, so that tells you a lot!
Anyway, that’s it for now. I’ll keep you posted on my FBE journey and in the meantime, take a peek at the video that Jourdan just made on their HCG diet (did you see Dr. Oz’ recent episode on the HCG diet?)
What about you? Have you tried some new fitness things out lately? Share share share!