Hmmm- what new potion can I add to my Vanity Collection?
Discover the best beauty, grooming and lifestyle products | Birchbox.
I’m so excited. I love to try new samples (who doesn’t?) it’s like, you get to a be a beauty editor for a day. I do get lots of SWAG when I attend events, but you can never have enough beauty potions IMO.
That’s why I HAD to sign up for the BirchBox. I’ve done the New Beauty Test Tube (which I also loved) but in addition to my Fitness ADD, I have a bit of Beauty ADD.
(Although, I have been loving the mineral foundation from Youngblood and their gel liner …so that’s been a daily staple.)
What about you? What is your favorite Beauty Box? ! Did you discover something new in there? Tell me, tell me!
Vanity Girl Hollywood via Facebook
OMG. Are you dying? I just saw this post on Facebook and I am IN LOVE. This supermom in Pennsylvania built this for her girls — the pink walls, the black and white floor, the Broadway desks … I’m working on getting more details about it – but I just couldn’t wait to share it!
It reminds me a little bit of this Vanity Room, that another supermom built for her three daughters on a farm in West Virginia.
It makes me so happy – the thought of these little girls having a dream vanity room to talk about about their hopes and dreams, and put on their makeup together. It’s a literally a space where family bonds are formed.
Thanks for sharing @Laurie! I’m honestly SO HONORED to be a part of the lives of everyday girls and women creating their own Hollywood backstage moments.
We love that makeup artist Victoria Stiles looks to share our info in her Makeup Artist Daily. Check it out! Lots of great information on product, techniques and more ..
Marlena was one of the very first Gurus to talk about us – and we love that she features our Pink Vanity in some of her videos. It gives them that backstage feeling right? Kind of like The Voice or American Idol or something.
And check out her shadows … she is so passionate about her line and I just love that.
Ready for Love | NBC
Did you catch it last night? I wasn’t planning to watch this show (got really burnt out on the Bachelor and all of it’s spin offs) but due to the crazy wind, a tree hit the power lines near Urth Caffe and we had no power in my building.
So I luckily have amazing friends, and crashed on Mylena’s couch and ended up watching this with gal pal Rebecca. OMG. It’s pretty good.
1. The guys are HOT. A hospital CEO. A front man for a band …and I forget the other one – I think he’s like a spiritually focused entrepreneur.
2. The girls seem REAL. With all their flaws and hopes and they genuinely seem to want to fall in love.
3. The Matchmakers give pretty good advice. I like the guy and the woman with the great crazy hair – they give really good advice. The blonde seems a bit Stepford for my taste, but overall … they are OUR voice. They are saying the things that we scream at the TV.
4. Juliana and Bill. Juliana also says the things that I scream at the TV.
5. The Star Trek transporters. C’mon, it’s so awesome. They get into these glass cages and then dissappear from the stage and one re-emerges. It’s like – The Hunger Games meets a dating show.
6. And last but not least, did one of the contestants REALLY say “fart”? And he kept her? Wowza. Paradigm shift.
Anyway – this looks like a new guilty pleasure.
What about you? Did you catch it? What did you think?
I had fun producing and hosting this segment for Chamber TV. A big part of any Vanity Girl’s lifestyle is feeling healthy – and here’s a glimpse of some of my favorite companies here in town:
Firm Body Evolution
Law Offices of David Eichman
TRAIN West Hollywood
The video was shot at the West Hollywood Chamber’s Health Fair and Capitol Drug’s Sample Saturday.
A big thank you to my crew and glam squad:
Hair: Tanya of Untamed Instincts
Videoography & Editing: Photo Film Stage
Jacket: Zella “Strealine” from Nordstrom’s at The Grove
More later –
I LOVED interviewing celebrity MUA Sam Fine, and apparently – he loved it too 🙂
xoxo Maxine @VanityGirl
This whole detox & transformation I’ve been doing with FBE has been a bit lifechanging … here are my Top 7 A-Ha Moments in no particular order:
- On Camera: I saw some footage of myself back in November that I just wasn’t that happy with. Well, we shot a piece for Chamber TV on March 25 and I feel so much better in my skin. That’s always a nice feeling.
- Instagram: I actually posted a photo of a shrimp dish I made myself yesterday. I don’t cook, I never really have … but on this program I have learned to make a little somethin’ somethin’. and I was so proud of that dish. I read once that Jessica Alba learned how to cook as a teenager because she wanted to control what went into her food. OK, I get it now.
- Loubitan’s: I bought these really cute strappy stiletto ankle boots from Decades a while back. I hadn’t worn them because they weren’t that comfortable anymore. Well – I wore then Sunday to my friends bday dinner at Cecconi’s and they felt just fine.
- Gluten-Free: No starch, no sugar, no alcholl. It’s actually not that hard. Sure, I took a little sabbatical from my social life to focus on this program … but I’d say it’s paid off.
- Denim. As you may have read in last week’s post, I’m back in my jeans. ‘Nuff said.
- Nice things: As in people saying them to me. I know our validation needs to come from within, but let’s face it. When other people (like say an ex-boyfriend?) notice the hard work you’ve put in, it feels damn good …
- Keepin’ it going: OK, orginally I was going to do 25 days total. I figured I can do anything for 25 days. Well, I’m so happy with the results and it’s become a part of my lifestyle – that I am going to keep going for awhile …
More to come!