The Spa: Rarin Jinda Wellness Spa Resort
The Treatment(s): We began with Sensuous Herbal Foot Soak in a sort of foyer area, then were taken to a HUGE private room for an Aromatherapy Oil Massage With Herbal Hot Compress and a Classic Thai Massage. Price: This was a custom offering based on what we requested and I estimate it to be about $3,300 Baht (appx $107 USD excluding tip). I always tipped 20% but I was told that 10% is more than generous.
RarinJinda is an urban spa fully equipped with all of the latest spa technology and facilities that meet all of the high international standards. But it’s deeply entrenched in Thai massage (aka lazy man’s yoga) and healing traditions.
Facilities & Offerings:
State-of-the-art Indoor heated Hydrotherapy pool, Vichy Shower (one of my favorite things!) , Hydrotherapy Tub, Whirlpool with Chromotherapy, Rainforest Steam and Sauna. Alternative Medicine Specialists and nurses are also available on to provide consultation and guidance. For instance, they asked how I was feeling (I was super tired with achy feet) and they prescribed a specific oil for my therapist to use during the Western portion of my East meets West double massage extravaganza.
What I loved:
- The soothing ambiance which like many of the spas in Thailand make great use of wood and natural flowers
- The huge private treatment rooms complete with private bath and shower
- The ability to share the spa experience with someone else (in my case, one of my best girlfriends)
- The mix of what I’m used to (Swedish/deeptissue massage) with something I don’t do often (Thai massage)
- The tea and fruit served after the treatment
Don’t be surprised:
- The Thai massage can be a bit “rigorous” so you may be a little sore but I like that in a massage. Otherwise, I just feel like someone is slathering lotion on me, and I can do that myself.
- You are given these tiny paper panties to put on. Don’t worry – they will fit ☺
8th Floor, Grand Centre Point Hotel
153/2 Soi Mahatlek Luang 1, Ratchadamri Rd.,
Bangkok Thailand 10330
Tel.02-6705599, 02-6705000 ext.4441
Chiang Mai, Phuket.
Special thanks to the Thailand Tourism Authority and Rarin Jinda Spa
Check out my Pinterest Board: 12 Days in Thailand