Like sponsor Ruth Tittle of Capitol Drugs, Mylene Dane sits with me on the Board of Directors at the West Hollywood Chamber. Not only does she have a team for Making Strides, but she will also be leading us in a warm up before th walk Saturday morning (nothing too hard core, don’t worry!) She knows we’re strolling …
Here’s the fundraising letter she put in her TRAIN newsletter today!
coz that’s how WeHo!
This Saturday, 8/25, I will be leading the warmup and walking in WeHo’s 1st ever Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk.
This fundraiser will:
1) educate women on ways to reduce risk of breast cancer and make healthy choices
2) connect people with info, support groups & free programs and services to help them focus on getting well
3) fund ground-breaking research to help discover the causes of breast cancer &
4) help all women to have access to mammograms.
Quick facts about this event:
1) The City of WeHo is a co-sponsor of the event with avid endorsement from our city’s mayor & other council members
2) Promotion partners include the city’s Chamber of Commerce, Sunset Strip biz
district & West Hollywood News
3) Prominent walking teams include: the Hotel Intercontinental Century City, Cedars Sinai, Kaiser
and, of course, TRAIN west hollywood!
Our team goal is a modest $300 and we are currently 2/3 of the way there! To donate, please click here. Any amount is appreciated. If you are not in a financial position to do so, we only ask that you say a little prayer of love and hope for the many women that are living with this disease.
This disease has touched me & perhaps many of you personally. This is a simple occasion to help and we hope that you can help us with this opportunity to do the same. Thank you!